RDA was established in 1999 in order to unite all local, regional and national potentials and to realize development projects financed with national and international resources. The RDA covers an area of 6 municipalities, which has 60.000 inhabitants. The main city is Nova Gorica with 32.032 inhabitants.
The mission of RDA:
• to stimulate development in economic, social, environmental and spatial area in Goriška statistical region;
• to prepare and implement Regional Development Program and other joint development programs;
• to gain national and international financing resources;
• to advise, stimulate and support local entrepreneurship.
Field of work:
1. Centre for Human Resources Development, which takes care of the permanent development of human resources in order to increase the competitive position of companies and employment of inhabitants;
2. Local Business Centre stimulates development in SMEs and promotes innovative activities including new technologies in the field of wine trade as well as electronic components;
3. Department for Regional Development and International Cooperation, which takes care of sustainable development in Goriška statistical region;
4. Project Office, which takes care of constant information to all target groups;
5. Department for Countryside Development encourages the development of the countryside, seeks partnerships for implementation of developmental initiatives and takes care of the preparation and implementation of local developmental strategies.
RDA of Northern Primorska has been specialized in preparing, implementing and monitoring regional, national and international projects for 12 years. As RDA has been established by municipalities, it assists them with project preparation, implementation and monitoring. Other target groups are entrepreneurs, farmers, associations, non-government bodies, unemployed and employed persons. As our RDA is located near the border with Italy, it managed mainly the projects in the framework of cross-border programs and other programs (INTERREG, IPA, South East Europe, Central Europe, Leonardo da Vinci). A lot of international projects were developed in the area of tourism and cultural heritage. Other areas of cooperation: civil protection, public administration development, development of countryside.
Greti Manfreda Todorović
Consultant for administration and project firstname.lastname@example.org